How to Get Horrible Sleep
Tired of waking up rejuvenated, calm, happy, and ready to go? Over being well-rested? Who isn’t? Well, don’t you worry. That’s what we’re here for! Here are some tips on what to do in order to assure you will not get a good night’s sleep.
1. Work out – we all know that working out is very important for your body and mind. So, why not do it right before you go to sleep to pass on the good energy to the depth of night? Working out enhances your adrenaline and speeds your heart-rate, which is sure to make it much more difficult for you to sleep! This way, you can continue thinking about all of the working-out you’ve done and feel proud of yourself, while slowly getting more annoyed about not falling asleep.
2. Watch a scary movie – quality scary movies are known to keep people up at night. “What was that noise?!” Probably nothing, but we all know reason stops working after watching a well-edited horror movie. I would recommend a classic like The Shining to keep your hear-rate and your paranoid, unreasonable fears going strong.
3. Make it hot – one of the most effective ways of making sure you won’t fall asleep is by staying in a very hot room. A room that’s hotter than 25 Celsius is sure to make it challenging for us humans to feel comfortable and relaxed enough to let down our guards and get some rest.
4. Don’t look away from your screens – a proven way of keeping our brains from releasing melatonin is through being exposed to the light that’s produced by screens. Melatonin is a hormone that tells our bodies it’s nighttime and thus time to go to bed. The simple conclusion is to absolutely look at your phones/laptops till the very last minute before your close your eyes! That’ll make falling asleep much less likely.
5. Worry about everything – now this is the real deal if you want to avoid sleep. There’s a reason why “keeps me up at night” is such a common phrase. If you really want to successfully avoid sleep, staying in your head is the best option. Thinking about those choices you’ve made that have lead you to where you are now, and waist a lot of time figuring out what could have happened if you had taken a different path. Make a mental list of all of the things that are stressing you out, and thoroughly go over each one of them while you lay in bed. Do not, by all means, focus on your breathing, since this might make you relax and more likely to sleep, and we don’t want that now, do we?
There you have it, 5 proven tips on how to get horrible sleep. Have a stressful, tired day!